Where to Buy a Contemporary Rug
Shopping for an area rug is far from a walk in the park as your choices and lifestyle hugely affect what you believe you should buy. Besides, there are so many types of rugs classified under traditional, contemporary and transitional rugs. But whichever one you choose, you must make sure it is as a result of popular opinions. Instead, it should best match your space and provide genuine comfort.
If you are looking for a rug with a purely modern classic touch, you are most likely looking for a contemporary rug, and knowing where to buy a contemporary rug is just as important as deciding whether you want one.
If you choose to buy contemporary rugs online, there are many tips and expert guides you'll need to get you well sorted out. But not to worry, be it contemporary modern area rugs, large contemporary rugs, we'll point you in the right direction on where to buy a contemporary rug that will fit your budget and style in the following lines.
First, you need to understand what a contemporary rug is.
What Is a Contemporary Rug?
Any rug with a modern design rather than a traditional outlook is a contemporary rug. In other words, it is a piece of style on its own and its process of production does not follow the traditional methods of producing rugs that existed hundreds of years ago. Contemporary rugs can be hard or soft, they can feature a more fun, playful, sensual, or serious outlook depending on how a manufacturer designs the patterns and colors. Contemporary rugs are characterized by stark contrasts, their designs usually feature geometrical shapes, abstract elements, and patterns. Unlike traditional rugs that feel more sophisticated, a contemporary rug is a unique décor piece on its own, offering several variants to buyers who are looking to purchase one.
Large contemporary rugs are very easy to spot. They usually incorporate just one or two colors - mostly bold colors accompanied by unusual styles. They are perfect and match seamlessly with modern furniture and décor.
Characteristics of a Contemporary Rug
Whether you intend to buy contemporary rugs online or from a store, the truth is, they are very easy to spot because of their very bold colors. Sometimes, they look like pages from an architectural guide. Here are some other characteristics of a contemporary rug.
- They mostly have contrasting abstract elements or geometric shapes and patterns.
- Contemporary rugs may showcase retro features. In this case, they are usually very similar to art deco.
- A contemporary rug does not look like a regular traditional rug, they are made of modern patterns and lacy intricacy. They also have artistic effects such as bold images, nature, and still-life.
- Contemporary rugs are more Western in their designs and best suited to new and informal homes.
- Contemporary rugs are characterized by peculiar contrasts and subtlety that fit well with the main furniture in homes.
Why Contemporary rugs
Whether you use them in your bedroom, living room, or dining area, rugs with modern designs are the most elegant choice for your space, whether your and below are some reasons:
- Contemporary rugs are styled with calm light colors or bright colors, like modern art paintings. These assist in making clear decisions about choosing an area rug for a particular space.
- Contemporary rugs are well padded and fabricated, hence, are good shock absorbers and can reduce the risks of serious injuries when you fall. They can also keep your floor safe from damages like cracks and scratches.
- Adding a contemporary rug to your space is the fastest way to enhance your home decoration setting while bringing out that beauty in your home.
- They are not just made from one source material. They come in a variety of materials, ranging from high-quality pure wool to synthetic materials like polypropylene, nylon, and polyester.
- Contemporary rugs are durable, exquisite yet, affordable.
- They give great impressions in homes.
- They usually embody culture and sophistication with just two or three colors.
How Can You Differentiate a Contemporary Rug from a Traditional and Transitional Rug?
Remember that transitional rugs are a mixed style of both modern and traditional designs, while contemporary modern area rugs mostly implement the modern design patterns which are usually just simple designs.
You should spend a few minutes to read our guide on the Differences between Traditional, Modern, and Transitional Rugs
Traditional rugs carry several bold colors aligned more intricately. Contemporary modern rugs usually have geometric patterns, few colors with a few shades.
Where to buy contemporary rugs
Looking for where to buy a contemporary rug? Online platforms such as Amazon, Wayfair, Luxe Weavers' e-commerce store, and eBay are the best places to access beautiful contemporary rugs.
Amazon: With an array of beautiful collections and archives of Luxe weavers rugs, Amazon allows you to select varying shapes, sizes, materials, patterns, pile heights, themes, and construction types. It showcases a very good pictorial representation of what you want.
Wayfair: Wayfair has an envious reputation for excellent customer service and a fast delivery time. And thankfully, you can shop through a great collection of contemporary rugs from Luxe weavers and other rug manufacturers. You also get to see a section explaining why you need a particular type of rug on the website.
eBay: eBay allows you to pick the best deals for whichever style of rug you choose to purchase. The site always has affordable rugs that are not deficient in quality.
Buy any of Luxe Weavers' exquisite but affordable contemporary rugs on any of these platforms. Simply visit their homepages and enter "luxe weavers rugs" and viola! Shopping begins instantly.